11 best hair growth foods for your hair
by Bsocial Consultant on Jul 23, 2023
How many shampoos have you changed? Are any of them actually making your hair healthy?
No, right? This is because hair growth depends on a lot of other factors. Some of them are -
- Your surrounding
- Medication and
And that is why we have come up with this blog. Here you will learn about the top 11 hair growth foods. Adding them to your diet will improve your hair health.
So let’s dive in!!
You can find these nutrients in Nuts -
- Vitamin 7 - This converts food into energy and promotes the growth of new cells.
- Protein - Nuts such as almonds and peanuts are rich in protein. Protein helps in creating new hair follicles.
- Zinc- It regulates the production of androgens. This hormone is important for hair growth. Zinc also keeps the oil glands functioning. This keeps the dandruff away.
- Omega - 3 - These fatty acids keep the scalp hydrated and protect hair from damage.
All these nutrients make nuts one of the important hair-growth foods.
- Hair growth depends on protein and biotin. Eggs are rich in both these nutrients.
- Protein is necessary for hair because hair follicles are made of protein.
- Biotin keeps hair follicles strong and healthy.
- Since eggs are rich in protein and biotin, they become the first choice in hair growth foods.
- Berries are one of the tastiest hair-growth foods. They are rich in vitamin C, Biotin, Folate, iron, and zinc.
- Vitamin C produces collagen This gives strength and structure to your hair.
- Biotin and folate help in cell growth and division.
- Iron carries oxygen to hair follicles and helps in hair growth.
- Zinc produces sebum which keeps your scalp healthy.
- Salmon is rich in Vitamin D, omega - 3, and protein.
- Omega 3 moisturizes the scalp. It prevents dryness and dandruff.
- Vitamin D is important for the creation of Sebum. Sebum is necessary for hydration in hair.
- Protein is necessary for the creation of hair follicles.
5) Chia seeds
Chia seeds are rich in the following nutrients that help in hair growth -
- Omega - 3 fatty acids - Omega-3 prevents inflammation which keeps the scalp healthy.
- Protein - Protein has an essential role in the production of new cells.
- L-lysine - This amino acid provides hair with strength.
- Zinc - Zinc is important for the production of androgens. These help in hair growth.
- Copper - Copper provides iron to hair follicles.
- Oysters are rich in zinc. One medium oyster has 96% of the daily intake of zinc.
- Zinc controls the production of androgens. These are responsible for hair growth.
- Oysters have other nutrients like vitamin C, protein, and selenium. All these are also essential for hair growth.
Chickpeas are rich in protein, manganese, zinc, and vitamin A. We have mentioned why they are one of the hair-growth foods in detail below -
- Protein - Protein is vital for the production of new hair cells. Chickpeas have 8 grams of protein every month.
- Manganese - It makes the hair strong. Due to the presence of manganese hairs don't break. Chickpeas have 1.5 mg in one cup.
- Zinc - Zinc helps in the production of androgens. These help in hair growth. Chickpeas have 15% of the daily requirement of zinc.
- Vitamin A - Vitamin is essential for sebum production. Sebum prevents hair loss. Chickpeas have 25% of the daily requirement of Vitamins.
- Yogurt is a good source of vitamin D, vitamin B5, and protein.
- Vitamin D also regulates the production of androgens. These promote hair growth. Yogurt has 15% of the daily requirement of vitamin D.
- Vitamin B5 is also known as pantothenic acid. This helps in the production of sebum. Yogurt has 10% of the daily requirement of pantothenic acid.
- Protein is important for the production of new hair cells. Yogurt has 10 grams of protein in one cup.
- Seeds are great sources of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, biotin, selenium, and protein.
- Selenium helps to protect hair from free radicals. These free radicals damage cells. You can get selenium from Brazil nuts and sunflower seeds.
- Omega 3 fatty acids reduce inflammation. This makes hair strong. You can get it from flaxseeds and chia seeds.
- Zinc regulates the production of androgens. Androgens are hormones that promote hair growth. You can get zinc from pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds.
- Biotin converts food into energy. This is important for cells. You can find biotin in sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
- Protein ihelps in formation of new cells. You can get protein from pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
Soybean is rich in protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin E. It comes under hair growth foods due to the following reasons -
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant. It helps protect the cells from damage. Soybeans have 10% of the daily requirement of Vitamin E.
- Iron transports oxygen to the hair follicles. Soybeans have 10% of the daily requirement per cup.
- Zinc regulates the production of androgens. Soybeans have 15% of the daily requirement of zinc.
Spinach is a rich source of folate, iron, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- Folate is important for cell division. We need 400 micrograms of folate every day. Spinach has 157 micrograms of folate. This is 39% of the daily folate requirement. This is one of the reasons why spinach is on the list of hair-growth foods.
- Iron helps in transporting oxygen to hair follicles. Women need 18 mg of iron daily and men need 8 mg of iron daily. Spinach has 3.5 mg of iron. It means it has 20% of the daily requirement of iron for women and 44% for men.
- Vitamin A is important for sebum production. It keeps hair healthy. We need 900 mcg of vitamin A daily. Spinach has 133 mcg which is 15% of the daily requirement of vitamin A.
- Vitamin C helps produce collagen which gives structure to the hair. It keeps them strong as well. We need 90 mg of vitamin C. Spinach provides 12.7 mg of vitamin C. This is 14% of the daily requirement of vitamin C.
In conclusion, there are a lot of options if you are looking for hair growth foods. You can choose from all the ones mentioned above. Be it egg, spinach, seeds, nuts, etc. all help in hair growth. They also provide strength to your hair.
If you are looking to buy foods that help in hair growth do visit Healthy Master. We provide nutrient-rich food that is 100% natural. Visit our website and add your favorite to the cart.