Food for Weight Gain: Maintain a Balanced Diet While Adding Calories
by Bsocial Consultant on Aug 05, 2023
Every individual has their own body type and demand. For a healthy lifestyle, some are engaged in reducing weight, and some are trying to gain weight. In both cases, we can all agree that as difficult as it is for some people to lose weight, it is equally difficult for some people to gain weight.
Thus, we have to make many changes in our eating habits. Some food items must be included in your diet, while others must be excluded.
In this article, we will focus on how to get a healthy weight gain by changing our food habits. Also, know the benefits of adopting high-calorie healthy foods like Dates, Almonds, eggs & more.
Challenges in Achieving Healthy Weight Gain
Individuals looking to build muscle mass or achieve a healthy body weight find weight gain is the actual challenge. In today's fast-paced lifestyle, the struggle to gain weight in a safe and balanced manner is a challenging situation.
If you're looking to put on a few pounds or achieve a more muscular physique, the first thing you need to pay close attention to is your diet.
As a result, eating the right calorie foods at the right time can significantly affect your ability to reach your healthy weight gain goals. Other possible challenges that an individual faces are-
High Metabolism Rate
Such circumstances make it more difficult to consume enough calories to gain weight. This is because the body burns calories faster.
Lack of Enough Appetite
Some individuals have a naturally low appetite. Also, they have experienced a reduced appetite due to certain medical conditions, stress, or lifestyle factors. This can make it difficult for them to gain weight.
One of the main causes of weight loss is vitamin deficiency. It results in nutritional imbalances and possible medical conditions in the human body.
Conditions like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or food intolerance can impact nutrient absorption. It makes weight gain challenging.
Busy lifestyles or other medical conditions can create limitations. It limits the consuming enough calories to support weight gain.
10 Foods for Weight Gain Goals
The concept that works behind weight gain is that you consume more calories than you consume during the day. It means you must take around 300 to 500 more calories daily.
Also, you need to increase your meal size, fats, and proteins in your diet. Remember you need not consume unhealthy fats and junk foods to put on your weight. As part of your daily routine, engaging in regular exercise is also a good idea, which can help you gain muscle mass.
Here is high calorie food list that helps you to know what to eat to gain weight:
Milk is considered as a complete food. It is rich in proteins, calcium, carbs, fats, minerals, and vitamins. It is an excellent protein source and has the ability to add muscle mass to your body.
Rice is a cheap source of carbohydrates. Consuming rice can smoothen the weight gain process. It is calorie-dense food with high carbs and calories from a single serving. Approx. one cup of rice provides about 200 calories that contribute to weight gain.
Dried fruits are superfoods that contain various antioxidants, proteins, calories, and micronutrients. They all have naturally high sugar-containing easy. Dried fruits such as almonds, walnuts, and cashew are best for weight gain.
Avocados are a great source of fibre, vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids. Scientifically, it can consider necessary ingredients for gaining weight.
A protein shake is most effective at helping to build muscle. They are also rich in flavour and taste. Chocolate/ banana/ nut shakes are some examples that can help you gain weight quickly.
Eggs contain excellent proteins and good fats. These exceptional proteins make them ideal for increasing the caloric content of your diet.
Red meat is an excellent and tasty source of protein. It is helpful in weight gain and the growth of muscles. Leucine and creatine are its substances that increase muscle mass and aid in weight gain.
Fatty fish such as salmon is rich in essential fatty acids and proteins. It also contains omega-3, the best source to gain weight and boost immunity.
Potatoes or Starchy Foods
Starch foods are generally tasty options for quick weight gain. It provides extra calories for your body that increase muscle glycogen stores.
Whole Grain Bread
Whole-grain bread is a good source of carbs. It becomes a well-balanced meal when mixed with proteins like eggs, meat, and cheese.
Benefits of a Having Healthy Weight Gain Diet
People looking to gain weight can benefit from a weight gain diet in a number of ways. The following are some of the most significant benefits:
- It increases muscle mass. An increase in lean muscle mass, enhancing physical strength and athletic performance.
- It offers improved energy levels. A calorie-based diet provides the body with more energy to carry out daily tasks and makes you in alert mode.
- It supports a healthy metabolism. An effective diet and balanced weight gain enhance the production of energy. It preserve a healthy metabolism.
- It boosts immune functioning. Adding variety and nutritious amounts to your diet supports your immune system. It defends the body against illnesses.
- It enhances bone health and hormone regulation. A balanced weight-management strategy can lower the risk of osteoporosis. It can assist in maintaining hormonal balance as well.
- It reduces the risk of high blood Sugar Levels. A balanced diet monitors your calorie intake and helps stabilize blood sugar levels.
Healthy Diet Plan for Weight Gain
Here's a diet plan to help you gain weight in a healthy and balanced manner:
- 2 slices of whole-grain toast + peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of whole milk / a glass of fortified plant-based milk
- 1 boiled egg
- A handful of mixed nuts
- Grilled chicken breast/tofu
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- Steamed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil drizzled on veggies
- Greek yogurt +a tablespoon of honey +some mixed dried fruits
Pre-Workout Snack (if applicable):
- A smoothie made with banana, milk, protein powder, and a spoonful of almond butter
- Baked salmon/chickpea curry
- Sweet potato mash
- Green salad + avocado slices, and a light dressing
- 1 whole-grain bread sandwich with cheese & tomato
- A glass of warm milk with a teaspoon of honey
In the above discussion, we have seen the different high-calorie food list that eases how to gain fat-like questions. You can consider them a natural weight gainer and easily maintain a balanced diet. But you can get assured weight gain if you know the perfect timing and quantity to consume them.
This article gives you a brief about weight gain dry fruits and foods. But if you want proper guidance, consult a healthcare professional or dietitian. They create a personalized weight gain plan that suits your lifestyle & health goals.