Almonds are one of the most consumed tree nuts all over the world. Lots of people consume these on a daily basis for the various health benefits of almonds. Almonds have been trusted worldwide for their high nutritional value, which can significantly help improve the overall health of the individual.
Its origin can be traced back to the Middle East, but now the USA is the leader in its production. They can be either found in roasted or raw form in the market across the world. Almonds are also used to produce various other nutritional things such as milk, flour, butter, and many more. Thus, it is highly versatile in nature that can make everything healthy.
With rich in vitamins, healthy fats, and other nutrients, it is recommended to include them in the daily dietary plan and see the difference they can make in one’s life. There are various benefits that one can avail through its consumption. Some of these benefits are mentioned below:
- Good source of nutrition: This is the most basic and yet the most important benefit of consuming almonds on a daily basis. The nutrient profile of almonds is no doubt quite impressive. It is home to almost all types of nutrients such as protein, healthy fats, magnesium, Vitamin E, copper, etc. It is also highly rich in phytic acid that is useful in binding the different minerals together, and thus prevents the minerals from being absorbed.
- Powerful Antioxidants: When it comes to containing antioxidants, nothing can come close to almonds. Almonds are a powerful source of antioxidants that play a crucial role in protecting against oxidative stress, one of the major contributors to early aging, inflammation, and cancer. The skin of almonds has the highest concentration of antioxidants; thus, it is recommended that to avail benefits of eating almonds, consume it without peeling off the skin.
- High source of Vitamin E: Almonds are known for being one of the best sources of Vitamin E, as with only the consumption of one ounce of almonds, one receives almost 37 percent of the RDI. Vitamin E helps to protect the cell structure by reducing oxidative stress. Also, it has been found that the higher the intake of vitamin E, the higher it is beneficial for the body. This is because it helps in reducing the chances of heart diseases, Alzheimer and even cancer.
- Lower Overall Calorie consumption: When on a diet, the intake of almonds is a good choice. This is because almonds are rich in protein as well as fibre but are low in carbs. Protein and fibre give the feeling of fullness and thus reduces hunger. This will help in a better lifestyle as one is in taking low calories.
- Reduces Inflammation: Almonds have high anti-inflammatory properties. High inflammation causes organ damage and increases the risk of various diseases. But by consuming various nuts, including almonds, can help to prevent such a situation.
Hence these are the amazing health benefits of almonds that no one can ignore. As this nut is full of health, one must today incorporate it into their diet.