Let’s Understand PCOS
Polycystic ovarian syndrome commonly known as PCOS is an endocrine disorder in women. In simple language, we can say hormonal imbalance in the body. PCOS may cause many complications in women like infertility, irregular periods, excess body hair, acne, miscarriage, Type 2 diabetes, depression, and many more.
Your diet and lifestyle have a high impact on your health. Food containing added preservatives, artificial sugar, processed temporarily satisfy your tongue but further negatively affects your body and PCOS is one of the results of such an unhealthy lifestyle. Although, PCOS has become a common problem today but is not reported until it gets worse. It is becoming the leading cause of infertility among lots of women today. I would recommend seeing a doctor if you are experiencing irregular periods, infertility, excess body hair, acne, or any such symptoms of PCOS.
Let’s Understand Millets
Millet is one of the ancient cultivated grains in India. And the practice of consuming millets in a daily diet is not new to us. They had been the major staple food in India for centuries till the time of the Green Revolution. After the approach of high-yielding assortments of rice and wheat during the 1970s, millets got side lined from our food crate. The justification for this is the absence of mindfulness about the nourishing advantages, the not-really rich taste, and the tag of a helpless man’s food. Moreover, the government pushed simply rice and wheat in public, conveying the advancement of millets uneconomical.
Therefore, this brought about intense usage of polished rice and refined wheat flour, which end up being the fundamental elements of food varieties devoured by the metropolitan populace. This pattern, combined with stationary ways of life, has led to a rise in obesity and other sicknesses like PCOS, Diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, and many more.
Millets were part of our grandparents’ diet, And We need to embrace the benefits of millets. This doesn’t imply that you give up rice and wheat and start eating millets. Switching totally to millets is definitely not a smart idea. We don’t suggest eating a single grain. Rather including a variety of grains in daily diet.
Why Millets are better than wheat?
- Compared to whole grains like wheat and rice millets have high nutritional contestants like fibre and keeps hormones balanced, and blood sugar level in control
- Whole grains lead to weight gain as they execute insulin secretion comparatively millets help in weight loss and controls insulin secretion which lowers the chances of PCOS weight gain. Plus If you have diabetes millets should be included.
- Potassium and Magnesium content is high in millets as compared to wheat and rice, they help to reduce stress hormones in PCOS Women’s
- whole grains like wheat and rice contain gluten, and millets are gluten-free. Women with cardiac problems must avoid gluten content.
How do Millets help to ease PCOS?
Millets are an excellent source of fibre, nutrients like vitamins, protein, antioxidants, and minerals like magnesium, iron, copper, and zinc. As the nutrients you consume can have a direct impact on your hormonal production.
Here are a few benefits of millets for PCOS women:
- One of the major reasons for PCOS is insulin resistance. If you balance protein and Carbohydrates the chances of insulin resistance are reduced. Millets are a rich source of protein and complex carbohydrates.
- Millets have a low glycemic index. The reason you should have low glycemic Index food is they do not produce sudden insulin spikes, which reduces symptoms of PCOS, maintain blood sugar levels and less heart-related diseases.
- Millets are a rich source of dietary fiber. Fiber helps to digest sugar resulting in reduced insulin spikes. which is one of the symptoms of PCOS. Fiber also helps in estrogen metabolism, as women with PCOS have abnormalities in metabolism. In addition, Fiber also helps in proper digestion.
- Millets are free from any preservatives, artificial sugars, unprocessed, and are a completely natural source of nutrients.
- PCOD may also cause heavy bleeding during periods that cause blood loss which leads to iron deficiency. Millets are a rich source of minerals like iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and potassium.
- According to doctors weight loss acts as the first line of treatment for PCOS. A healthy weight reduces Hormonal imbalance and insulin resistance. As millets have very low-calorie content they are excellent for weight loss as well.
- Millets also reduce acne which is one of the symptoms of PCOS.
- Millet is anti acidic and gluten-free which keeps your heart healthy as well.
10 Other Rules For PCOS
- No Processed food: Avoid processed food like pasta, pizza, white bread, and many others, Instead eat gluten-free food like oats, and millets.
- Drink more water: Drink at least 3 litres of water per day. you can also include hydrating food like cucumber, berries, oranges in your diet.
- Avoid Refined sugar: You can include natural sugar-rich food in your diet like dates, raisins, berries, and fruits.
- Say no to alcohol and smoking: Drinking and smoking affect majorly the hormonal imbalance of the body.
- Practice Mindful Eating: Many Studies have shown that mindful eating promotes awareness of hunger and fullness. This approach has proven best for weight loss as well.
- Exercise Regularly: Regular exercising helps to decrease body fat and reduce insulin strokes.
- Get Enough Sleep: You may also experience insomnia, anxiety, aggression. Lack of sleep also causes hormonal imbalance and may also promote other mental disorders like anxiety and insomnia in PCOS women. Getting Enough Sleep reduces the chances of these disorders.
- Learn to Manage Stress: Stress increases cortisol levels and causes hormonal imbalance. practice releasing stress through meditation, breathing exercises, and Playing Outdoor games. You can also include foods like dry fruits, berries, almonds, and walnuts to release stress.
- Limit Caffeine: caffeine intake can increase stress hormones and cause hormonal imbalance instead of coffee you can try healthy alternatives like green tea.
- Don’t Overeat: You may feel like eating more food and end up gaining weight. Instead of eating less food try to eat nutritionally rich food.
Now let’s discuss which millets should be included
Millets provide balance to the imbalanced hormones of your body. There is a variety of millets, for PCOS Ragi, Jowar, and Bajra are most beneficial. All these millet grains are controls cholesterol and blood sugar levels and are gluten-free as well. They are all rich in calcium, protein, iron, and amino acids which control PCOS. Up to 75% of your health problems can be solved by nutrition and millet one of those magic Supper food solutions to your PCOS Problem.
Biggest Challenge with Millets:
Millets like jowar, bajra, ragi are easy to include in daily routine as they are exceptionally adaptable. But the only reason people don’t like millets is the taste And I believe a good recipe and the right cooking technique can lift make any ingredient tasty.
How to add millets to your daily diet here’s some tips
- Start your morning with ragi. traditionally ragi was given to kids and babies as a ragi malt as they are easy to digest and provide an energy booster for the day. Key nutrients of ragi are iron, calcium, and a lot of proteins. hence having ragi-based breakfast like Ragi Upma, Ragi Idli, or Ragi Dosa is a good start for the day. You can try out those internet millet recipes at home like making ragi upma, ragi idli, ragi dosa, and many more. You can also try Healthy Masters Ready to cook ragi upma at home.
- Noodles can be healthy and tasty if they are made of millets. Many peoples don’t realize what instant noodles can do to their body like they are heavy to digest, increase the risk of heart disease, and contain high salt. But healthy master provides noodles made of millets that are easy to digest, Gluten-Free, and provide an amazing taste.
- We are all familiar with the amazing benefits of ragi. but we aren’t familiar with ragi noodles. Now you don’t have to worry about weight gain and heart diseases when eating noodles made of ragi. For PCOS Noodles are to be avoided as they contain preservatives, added artificial sugar, additives and colorings. But healthy master Ragi Noodles are completely free of all these harmful chemicals and nutritious. Ragi Noodles are also diabetic friendly.
- Healthy master Millet cookies are something that will completely change your mind about millets. They are delicious and crispy and can make a perfect tea-time snack with a strong cup of tea. They can be a perfect alternative to that maida-made and artificial sugar-content cookies.
- Another gluten-free Ready to eat snack millet snacks I recommend is healthy master Millet Vermicelli. It is made up of Finger Millet flour, Kodo Millet, Little millet, Foxtail Millet, Barnyard Millet, Rice, Pearl Millet, Proso Millet Flour, Sorghum, Quinoa Flour, and Whole Wheat Flour. Rich in protein, amino acids, and amino acids. Their Balanced protein and amino acids provide a healthy alternative to pasta and preservative noodles. High Iron and Fiber content makes them diabetic friendly as well.
- Another Quick and nutritious Superfood I recommend is Instant Quinoa Dalia Mix. Quinoa is one of the world’s most popular healthiest food. Rich Source of iron, antioxidants, fibre, amino acids, magnesium, and copper. They are healthy alternatives to rice. It is can satisfy your hunger providing you with the right balance of essential nutrients. Their rich calcium content also helps in strengthening bones.
- Another sweet and crunchy snack I recommend is millet chikki. Made up of organic jaggery, groundnuts, and millet. Millet chikki is sugar-Free, artificial color, flavour, and preservatives. Sweets made up of white sugar can be harmful to PCOS and should be completely avoided. But Organic jaggery is a healthy alternative to sugar. Perfect protein bar or your mid-time sweet carvings.
- Replace your sugar with Organic jaggery. In women suffering from PCOS, water retention becomes a problem. Jaggery is a rich source of potassium and helps in water retention. Sugar is refined and dangerous for PCOS women, Jaggery is an unrefined natural sweetener that can be a healthy choice.
- A delicious and crispy bite of cookies can make feel like heaven on the plant but they can also fill your body with unwanted chemicals like maida, preservatives, and artificial sugar. Millet Cookies keep you away from all those chemicals and provide a delicious taste. These cookies can make a perfect tea-time snack full of millet goodness.
- And I’m sure these Millet Snacks Ideas can totally change your mood by giving your mouth-watering taste.
You Can try out different Flavors like Millet Snacks Tomato, Millet Snacks Pudina, Millet Snacks Chatpata, Millet Balls, Ragi Balls for your Netflix and Chill Moment.
You Can Try out Cheezopino Protein Ring, Millet balls Cheesy Oregano for your cheesy prime movie time on Amazon Prime.
And You should definitely try our Hot Baked Ragi chips with a 5-star rating with your Hotstar watch.