6 Reasons to Eat Hazelnuts During Pregnancy - Healthy Master
by Bsocial Consultant on Feb 03, 2023
A healthy and balanced diet during pregnancy is crucial for both the mother's and the baby's health. The baby's growth and development are dependent on what the mother-to-be eats, so it is critical to have a diet that promotes fetus development. Nuts should be included in every pregnant woman's diet because they contain high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as folic acid, which aids in fetus neural development. Among nuts, you should eat hazelnuts in your pregnancy as they are packed with nutrients that are great for your baby.
Let's understand the nutritional benefits of hazelnuts in pregnancy.
6 Benefits of Eating Hazelnuts During Pregnancy
If you are not allergic to nuts, you should incorporate them into your diet. One of the nuts that should be part of your pregnancy-friendly diet is hazelnuts. They provide practically all of the nutrients required by pregnant women. They are high in vitamins E, K, B1, B2, and B6, as well as minerals like iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, chromium, and selenium.
- The consumption of hazelnuts during pregnancy prevents cancer as they are rich in phenolic antioxidants, which provide protection against carcinogenic free radicals.
- Gastrointestinal problems are very common during pregnancy. Hazelnuts are good for pregnant women as they are rich in manganese and fibre which alleviate gastrointestinal issues in the body.
- The hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy can lead to anxiety and stress. Consuming hazelnuts on a daily basis in moderation can help prevent depression and anxiety during pregnancy. This is because hazelnuts contain magnesium and vitamin B6, which prevent anxiety and stress.
- The daily consumption of hazelnuts during pregnancy is the best way to improve the bone health of the fetus and yourself, as they are rich in calcium and manganese.
- Hazelnuts help reduce blood sugar levels during pregnancy as they are rich in a fatty acid named oleic acid, which is responsible for lowering blood sugar and insulin levels significantly.
- The requirement for the omega-3 fatty acids increases in pregnant women. The consumption of hazelnuts during pregnancy fulfils the requirement for fatty acids. Fatty acids play a key role in the birth weight of new borns.
As per research, the consumption of nuts during the early phases of pregnancy leads to better child development. Make sure you eat unsalted hazelnuts during pregnancy.
Also Read: Cashews in Pregnancy
Is it Safe to Eat Hazelnuts After Birth?
If you are not breastfeeding your child, you still should eat hazelnuts as they can help you recover faster from labor; however, you should eat them in moderation as overconsumption can increase heat.
If you breastfeed your baby, then eating hazelnuts can enrich your breast milk. They are also high in fatty acids, which are necessary for your baby's brain development.
Every mother-to-be wishes the best for her baby. Sometimes taking care of yourself is the best way to take care of your baby. One approach to doing this is to supplement your diet with nutritious dry fruits and nuts that will help you live a healthier lifestyle. The nutrient-rich hazelnuts are extremely beneficial for the mother-to-be and fetus, providing protection against infectious and viral diseases as well as promoting the formation of the fetus bone system. Order the premium-quality hazelnuts from Healthy Master and add them to your pregnancy-friendly diet.
Also Read: 10 Healthy Snacks for Every Pregnant Woman