6 Scientifically Proven Benefits of Raisin Water - Healthy Master
by healthy master on Aug 17, 2022
Sharing the 6 health benefits of Raisin water for skin, weight loss and more. Also Read what is the benefits of black raisins water & side effects.
Raisins that are also known as kismis in Hindi are dried black grapes. They were used in Indian desserts to add flavour and sweetness. However, their importance and health benefits were recognized, and today they are more than sweet ingredients used in desserts. They are packed with vitamins and minerals.
Raisins are a great source of soluble fiber and tartaric acid. The anti-inflammatory properties of raisins improve intestinal function and regulate the balance of bacteria in your gut. Calories, protein, fats, carbohydrates, vitamin C, magnesium, phosphorous, and sodium are found in abundance in raisins. Given the nutritional values and the health benefits of raisins, it becomes important to incorporate raisins into your daily diet routine. The easiest way to incorporate them is by consuming kismis water.
How To Prepare Black Raisins Water
Before jumping to the health benefits of consuming raisin water, you must know how to prepare the black raisin water. Soaked raisins help in maintaining blood sugar levels without adding extra calories. Additionally, they assist in weight loss. You may also eat them as a snack because they make an excellent sugar alternative.
Boil 2 cups of water in a pan. Add 15–30 raisins and leave it to soak overnight. In the morning, strain the water and heat it. Drink this black raisin water on an empty stomach. You can add lemon to the water to enhance its flavour. It is advisable not to eat anything for the next 30 minutes after drinking black water raisins. Drink this water in the morning to enjoy the below-mentioned scientifically proven health benefits.
Health Benefits of Raisins Water
1. Raisin Water Benefits For Skin
- Antioxidants included in raisins aid in repairing cellular damage. It helps you get clear skin and keeps it looking young for a longer period of time. Consuming this water is beneficial for keeping the skin moisturized as well.
- Raisin water also works well to protect skin cells and lessen skin damage-related problems. Regular consumption of it can help prevent early ageing of the skin, such as wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes, and age spots.
- Raisin water is a rich source of vitamins A and E. They are helpful in deeply nourishing your skin from the inside.
- Additionally, raisins include phytochemicals and amino acids, which function as a barrier to protect your skin from the minor side effects of sun exposure.
- The kismis water replenishes your skin's vital nutrients and gets rid of any marks or blemishes. It is effective at preventing acne problems as well. Additionally, it contains the potent chemical melatonin, which improves the quality of your sleep and results in radiant skin.
2. Raisin (Kismis) Water Benefits for Liver
- If you have unhealthy lifestyle habits like drinking alcohol and soft drinks, then you must add raisin water to your diet because soft drinks and alcohol have a detrimental effect on your liver. Kishmish water and soaked raisins are rich in bioflavonoids. They maintain the health of your liver by cleansing your blood and detoxifying it.
- Soaked raisins aid in blood purification, boost the biochemical functions of the liver, and remove toxins from the body.
- Drinking soaked raisin water at least once a day reduces the risk of heart disease.
3. Raisin Water Benefits for Weight Loss
Food cravings are one of the major obstacles to sticking to a diet for weight loss. It is normal to have hunger sensations as you substantially cut the number of calories in your diet. Most frequently, this leads to binges on meals high in fat and sugar, which negates the whole point of your diet. Therefore, adding soaked raisin water into your diet aids weight loss in these 3 ways -
- Raisins are a rich source of leptin content, which is particularly effective at reducing hunger.
- It also enhances thermogenesis within the body, accelerating the destruction of fat cells.
- Raisins are rich in dietary fibre which in turn improves the food movement in the digestive tract and facilitates the absorption of vital nutrients. Do you know that 3–4.5 grams of dietary fibre are included in every 100 grams of raisins? Raisins include a lot of soluble fibre, which acts as prebiotics. This is one of the most crucial elements in the weight loss process.
- Raisins are an energy-dense superfood, so they are the best pre-workout snacks. They contain natural sugars like fructose and glucose, which are converted into energy quickly, thus providing you with the much-needed fuel for a good workout. The more vigorously you exercise, the faster your body burns fat.
Also Read: 6 Best Dry Fruits for Weight Gain
4. Black Raisins Benefits In Pregnancy
- Helps in constipation - During pregnancy, it is common to experience constipation due to hormonal changes. Soaked raisins are a rich source of fiber, which helps in providing relief from constipation.
- Prevents bloating gas - The fibre in black kishmish aids in digestion. Fiber helps in the smooth food movement through the digestive system, thus preventing issues like bloating, gas, and diarrhea.
- Prevents Anemia - Iron is important, especially for a pregnant woman. Raisins are a great source of iron, which prevents anemia in pregnant women.
- Prevent birth defects - Black raisins contain folic acid, which can aid in preventing brain and spine birth abnormalities. All women of reproductive age need folic acid, but it is crucial during early pregnancy. Consuming raisins to avoid birth abnormalities during the third trimester of pregnancy is perfectly safe.
Also Read: 6 Dry Fruits for Pregnancy
5. Raisin Water Benefits for Hair Growth
Raisins are being used for enhancing hair health. They contain many hair-friendly nutrients like vitamin B, iron, potassium, and antioxidants.
- The deficiency of iron in the body causes severe hair loss. Iron is important for maintaining the health of hair as iron improves blood circulation and stimulates the hair follicle cells. Raisins are rich in iron, a nutrient that is vital for maintaining the health of the hair. Hence it is advisable to drink soaked raisins water in the morning empty benefits to enjoy the long-term benefits on hair.
- The connective tissue, commonly known as collagen, in the follicles is maintained by vitamin C found in raisins. It encourages hair growth. The cell membranes are further strengthened by vitamin E, which also guards against free radical damage to the hair follicles.
- The blood vessels will become stronger after drinking the soaked raisin water. This will consequently reduce scalp itching, flaking, and dandruff.
6. Black Raisins Water Benefits for PCOS
- Amino acids are found in abundance in black raisin water. Out of which, the most significant amount of L-arginine is found. Research has demonstrated that L-arginine increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries. When taken two to three hours before sex, it enhances your partner's performance. In situations of infertility, the benefits of black raisin water include improved blood flow to the uterus and ovaries, which improves the likelihood of conception.
- Black raisin water is highly effective in blood purification, which assists in managing PCOS issues. Its ability to decrease hunger can aid in preventing weight gain and improve the ovulation cycle.
Also Read: 4 Dry Fruits & Nuts for PCOS Treatment
Side Effects of Drinking Kishmis Water
Yes, drinking raisin water is beneficial in many ways. However in excess consumption of black raisins lead to many problems like
- Raisin water is a potent source of antioxidants that are beneficial in a variety of ways, but if consumed in excess, it can interfere with the body's ability to absorb nutrients and cause damage to healthy cells.
- Although dietary fibre aids in digestion and treats stomach issues, too much dietary fibre, such as that found in raisins, might interfere with regular bodily functions. Moderation is crucial because excessive fibre consumption can occasionally cause a variety of health issues, including gas, poor nutrition absorption, intestinal blockage, indigestion, and intestinal blockage.
- Compared to raw raisins, raisin water has fewer calories, but it still has a lot of calories and can make you gain weight.
Black raisin water has several health benefits, including liver detoxification and blood purification. But it is not advised to regularly consume it because it may be hazardous to your body if consumed in excess or for an extended period. When taking raisin water, people with allergies, sensitive stomachs, and diabetes need to exercise extreme caution. Buy best quality raisins today at Healthy Master. The remarkable advantages of soaked raisin water make it a must-try detoxifying drink!
Also Read: 8 Best Gluten-Free Products
Frequently Asked Questions on Raisin Water Health Benefits
Raisin water is known for its many health benefits. It is useful in managing health issues such as blood cholesterol, diabetes, anemia, and even heart-related concerns. However, it is advised to consume soaked raisin water for 4 days a week.
Soaked raisin water is believed to boost immunity, aid in weight loss, improve hair health, and also reduce stomach-related problems. Hence, drinking raisin water is good for your health.
The intake of soaked raisin water is believed to improve skin health and also fight skin-related problems like ageing, wrinkles, fine lines, and blemishes.
Raisin water aids in weight loss. However, it contains high calories per serving therefore the raisin water must be drunk in moderation to prevent weight gain.
The drinking of raisin water improves hair health by reducing hair loss and hair thinning.
Drinking raisin water every morning on an empty stomach offers the following health benefits -
It cleanses the body.
Flushed out harmful toxins
Improves the biochemical processes of the liver.
Yes, drinking raisin water cleanses your blood.
Drinking raisins water flushes out harmful toxins from the body and improves the biochemical process of the liver. Additionally, it detoxifies your liver.
Drinking raisin water increases the intake of iron and antioxidants. Additionally, it helps in controlling metabolism levels.
You can soak raisins either overnight or for at least 8 hours.
When you drink raisin water, your intake of essential nutrients and antioxidants increases. The following are the health benefits -
Flush out toxins.
It improves hair and skin health
aids in weight loss.
The easiest way to make raisin water involves the following steps:
Boil 2 cups of water.
Remove the water from the heat.
Add 1 cup of raisins to the water.
Soak the raisins in it overnight or for at least 8 hours,
Strain it out in the morning and enjoy your raisin water drink.
Yes, diabetics can drink raisin water. However, it contains a high level of sugar, so it should be drunk in moderation.