“The various ways to boost one’s immunity, how to make it stronger, and the kind of challenges you may face”
If living in a pandemic has taught us all one thing, is the importance of improving the natural defenses of your body, building a better and stronger body immunity so that it can tackle and minimize the effects of COVID, its variants, and other infectious diseases. While most people tend to inch towards supplements and medicines, their side effects might prove to be harmful to your body in the long run.
Though hard may it seems, you can definitely boost one’s immunity through natural ways through long-term planning and dedication towards your goal.
Through this blog, we talk about the importance of building the body’s immunity system, how to do it, and the challenges you might face.
What is the body’s immunity system and how does it work?
Considered as the natural defense system of a body, your inner tissues, cells, and organs band together to create a system to protect your body from disease-carrying microorganisms that can make you sick. Organisms like bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungus, etc. can be found anywhere from the air you breathe to the things you touch, which could result in invading your body and attacking your white blood cells to get you sick.
At first, your body’s immunity system will create an anti-gen barrier that will block the entrance of these germs into your body. In case they slip through and enter your body anyway, a healthy body system will help these white blood cells to recognize and destroy these germs before they can prove to be fatal.
The need to build body immunity and create a strong defense mechanism
There are numerous types of disease-carrying microorganisms in the world that can harm your body. Most of them mutate through various environments so there is no clear way to tell that a body will remain safe from a particular type of bacteria. So the emphasis remains on building a body defense mechanism so good that it can handle even the extreme form of bacteria or virus variants.
The ways that can help you boost one’s immunity
1. Stay up-to-date with your vaccination shots
- Vaccines are proven antidotes that genuinely help your body gain an upper hand against viruses, flu, or bacteria. Vaccines are the most effective way to boost one’s immunity to teach your immune system to fight off the diseases beforehand before they prove to be fatal to your body. Stay up to date with your flu shots, or COVID vaccines along with boosters.
- Young ones are the most prone to these bacterias at a young age so it is very important to get their necessary vaccination done at the appropriate age.
2. Get plenty of sleep and rest
- It’s no secret that the key to good health is good sleep. If your body is getting proper rest, then your organs can function much better. If you feel refreshed during the day, your body will remain full of energy that will keep your cells strong and will remain strong against the effects of micro-organisms on your body. By not getting enough sleep, your body will remain fatigued during the day and will be vulnerable to illness or flu.
- To boost one’s immunity system, it is recommended to get a minimum of 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night to build a healthy immune system.
3. Exercise! Exercise! Exercise!
- If we’re talking about what can boost your immune system fast, in order to strengthen your muscles, cells, and tissues then exercise is a must for your body. Now, we are not saying to join a gym immediately, that would definitely help but even a minimal consistent exercise schedule would do more than enough in improving a weak immune system.
- By walking every day for even a minimum of 20 minutes, it will help boost one’s immunity to maintain an active body with a high metabolism and better defense mechanism. Weight training is also very highly beneficial in muscle and tissue building that vastly improves your blood circulation, which is vital in destroying bacteria that enter your body.
4. Follow and eat a balanced healthy diet, remove junk food
- Quite possibly one of the biggest challenges in boosting immunity, is to follow and eat a balanced healthy diet. By including food like fruits, green vegetables, and whole-grain, you are sure to keep your body in adamant shape to fend off diseases and illness.
- A balanced diet must contain a good amount of dosage of Carbohydrates, Protein, Iron, Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Healthy Fats.
- To follow a clean diet also means eliminating the consumption of junk or processed foods. These processed foods are high in trans fats and sugar that will break down your cells and make your body more prone to catching diseases.
5. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- The importance of drinking plenty of water is something everyone is familiar with. What people may not know in detail is that a fluid known as “Lymph” in your circulatory system carries around bacteria-fighting cells all over your body. Drinking plenty of water will keep the rate of Lymph at the topmost speed while not doing so, could slow down the process thus leading to a weaker immune system. To help boost one’s immunity, it is recommended to drink at least 8-12 liters of water every day.
- You can also hydrate yourself by drinking green tea, which not only improves the rate of lymph in your body but its anti-oxidant properties help detoxify your body and help in maintaining a stronger immune system.
6. Foods that help boost body immunity
- You are what you eat and if you eat healthly, then your body is sure to remain healthy. Following a clean, healthy, and balanced diet helps in revitalizing your body tissues and organs, and what can immune system fast.
- There is plenty of body immunity-boosting superfoods that are rich in vital nutrients to help defend against various micro-organisms. The most important food to eat are:
Amla: Amla is a nutrient-rich superfood that is very commonly popular among Indian households for its immunity-boosting values. Considered a winter fruit, it is consumed to relieve the symptoms of cough, cold and sore throat, which helps in keeping your body warm. Amla is rich in antioxidants that help in detoxifying your body and also keep your cholesterol levels in check. Amla is very high in fiber that prevents constipation and aids in weight loss.
Amla can be eaten raw and is popularly consumed as pickles, chutney, and juice. Although known for its sore taste, you can also consume in in form of sweet amla candies. You can buy pure sweet amla online on Healthy Master.
Peanut Jaggery Chikki: A traditional Indian sweet snack, Peanut Jaggery Chikki, also known as “Gajak” or “Gur” is a popular candy to eat during winters to keep your body warm while it consists of numerous immunity-boosting benefits. Its primary ingredient is “Jaggery”, an unrefined form of sugar that is a healthier alternative to white sugar. Jaggery is rich in anti-oxidants and anti-inflammation that helps in maintaining cholesterol levels. Peanuts, on the other hand, are rich in protein and healthy fats. Peanut Jaggery Chikki is rich in Vitamin C, along with it contains essential amino acids that help in the growth development of kids.
Buy the tasty millet peanut jaggery chikki online made from pure jaggery on Healthy Master.
Dry Fruits: These small-sized nuts carry a big bag of essential nutrients that help boost your body’s overall immunity and strength. Dry fruits are a great source of plant-based vegan protein that is also very rich in calcium, healthy fats, essential oils, and anti-oxidants that makes your body stronger to fight against infections and diseases.
Dry Fruits contain a high amount of fiber that prevents constipation and helps in weight loss. They also keep your bones healthy and prevent high cholesterol levels. The most popular dry fruits are almonds, walnuts, apricots, cashews, and raisins. To buy dry fruits online, you can check out Healthy Master’s shop for dry fruits of all types.
Berries: Switching to natural forms of sugar like fruits is always a good option, among other good options include berries that are packed with polyphenol content. Polyphenol aids majorly in cell damage repair and keeping them strong is vital in their defense against germs that enter your body. They also prevent inflammation and help your immune system become stronger.
Most berries like Blueberry, Strawberry, Blackberry, Cranberries, etc. are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Potassium that are major contributors to maintaining a healthy defense system.
To buy berries online that contain no artificial colors or flavors, check our Healthy Masters shop!
Daily Power Booster: Recommended by doctors, this is an all-in-one package that consists of 23+ ingredients. Consisting of nuts, berries and seeds that are rich in essential nutrients and minerals, its daily consumption provides a massive energy and immunity boost to one’s body. Buy Daily Power Booster on Healthy Master right now!
7. Follow an overall healthy lifestyle
- Little things matter, especially in following a healthy lifestyle, little things matter big time in your overall health. By switching to a lifestyle that is more generous to your body health along with your mind, your body will function a lot stronger in its daily battle against avoiding disease-causing organisms.
You can follow the simple steps stated below to improve your overall lifestyle:
- Get enough rest
- Eat clean, avoid junk food and other processed foods.
- Limit foods with excessive sugar as microbes love to feast on sugar
- Avoid alcohol and nicotine use
- Eat a lot of green vegetables and fruits
- If you are obese, try to lose weight and maintain the optimal weight according to your age
- Eat a balanced diet that is rich in essential Vitamins, Minerals, Nutrients, etc.
- Always wash or sanitize your hands before and after eating
- Exercise regularly or try to stay physically active every day
8. Try to stress less and stay more positive
- When people say that most diseases are born in the mind they are not scientifically lying at all. Stress not only affects your mental state but also has a deep effect on your immune system. Chronic stress could lead to your body triggering a stress response - where your body will opt to handle your stress management by suppressing your immune system. This could lead your body more vulnerable to catching diseases.
- Try to have a positive mind in whatever situation you may be, indulging your thoughts in cheerful moments could help raise serotonin levels that can help you manage stress as well as keep a healthy immune system.
Challenges you may face in improving your body immunity
Each person’s body immune system depends on their age, sex, medical history, and genetics. But no one has to follow a personalized plan to keep themselves healthy, the simple way to enhance your defense system is simply following a lifestyle filled with clean eating and regular exercise.
Even then, let’s see how each factor can prove to be a challenge in your quest to a healthier body:
Age: If you are young, your body is stronger to do various exercises at a higher intensity. But growing age, exercise could prove to be a challenge. If you are a working adult, it is quite possible that getting an 8-hour sleep could prove to be an even bigger challenge for you.
Sex: The immune trigger response differs between a man’s body and a female body according to their genetic history and hormonal balance. A woman’s body is more prone to catching infections and allergies while a man is more likely to be diagnosed with asthma at a young age.
Genetics History: If someone in your family line has a case of being diagnosed with a medical disease then it is likely to be carried onto you as a part of genetics that could lead to a weaker immune system.
Conclusion In these times where COVID and its variants are wreaking havoc in society, the need to have a strong body immune system is now more necessary than ever. The government and doctors are emphasizing hard for people in need to maintain a healthy body to withstand the virus. It is more important than ever to finally embrace a healthy lifestyle to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.