5+ Healthy Indian High Protein Snacks - Healthy Master
by Bsocial Consultant on Feb 06, 2023
Are you consuming an adequate amount of protein? While it's important to control your intake of calories, sugar, and salt, you also need to make sure you're getting enough protein. Every cell in your body depends on it for development and upkeep. It powers your body and feeds your cells.
Why Does Your Body Require Protein?
Here are five reasons why you should consume enough protein each day:
1. Protein is a crucial component of skin, cartilage, muscles, and bones. In reality, protein makes up a large portion of your hair and nails.
2. It helps your body create and repair tissue.
3. A protein substance found in red blood cells transports oxygen throughout the body. This aids in giving your body the nourishment it requires.
4. Your body uses around half of the dietary protein that you consume each day to create enzymes that aid in digestion.
5. Protein is crucial for the regulation of hormones, particularly during puberty.
Every cell in your body contains protein; therefore, you must pay attention to the meals you eat to ensure that you are getting the right amount to maintain your health.
Also Read: Vitamin C Rich Dry Fruits
Also Read: Iron Rich Dry Fruits
5 + Best High-Protein Indian Snacks
In this fast-paced lifestyle, you often run out of time to prepare a tasty and hearty meal. This is why you should think about including these high-protein Indian snacks. They are light, easy on the stomach, and boost your energy so that you can stay active from AM to PM.
1. Roasted Chana
Roasted chana makes for healthy Indian snacks that can be combined with veggies to make tasty and healthy chaats. Chana has a high protein content and provides numerous health benefits, including:
1. Control blood sugar levels due to the presence of protein and fibre
2. Promote a healthy heart due to the presence of potassium and magnesium.
3. Promote brain activity due to the presence of the essential nutrient choline.
You can order premium-quality roasted chana from Healthy Master.
2. Moong Dal Idli
One of the best healthy breakfast options that is liked by every generation is moong dal idli. Its taste is amplified when served with delicious sambhar and coconut chutney. It is light on the stomach and packed with high protein and low carbs.
When you add moong dal idli to your diet, you enjoy the following health benefits:
1. Being high in antioxidants, moong dal idli reduces the chances of cardiovascular ailments.
2. The magnesium content in moong daal idli builds your immunity to fight ailments.
3. It reduces the chances of constipation due to the presence of dietary fibre.
4. It improves the metabolism rate due to the presence of vitamins like B1, B6 etc.
So, if you want to lose weight, adding moong dal idli is a great addition to your diet as it is one of the best high-protein, low-fat foods.
3. Sprouts Salad
Sprouts salad makes up a great Indian high-protein and low-fat dinner for health-conscious people. Sprouts salad, besides satisfying your cravings, offers incredible health benefits like:
1. The high fibre content in sprouts improves digestion and also reduces body fat or cholesterol.
2. The high protein content increases the rate of cellular regeneration, muscle growth, etc.
3. Sprouts are known for their body-detoxifying properties due to the presence of chlorophyll.
4. Besan Chilla
Besan chilla is a popular evening snack in every Indian household. Being light in taste, it is best enjoyed with mint chutney. You can add vegetables to improve the taste and flavor. It offers many health benefits, like:
1. It promotes the growth of hair and nails as it is rich in protein.
2. The presence of fibre prevents digestive health issues.
3. It can reduce your cholesterol levels as it is rich in soluble fibre.
4. It promotes brain activity due to the presence of folate and thiamine.
5. Pumpkin Seeds
A great snack option for mid-meal munching, pumpkin seeds are known for their nutritional value. They are rich in manganese, vitamin K, protein, fibre, and zinc, to name a few. By adding pumpkin seeds to your diet, you enjoy the following health benefits:
1. Pumpkin seeds are believed to reduce the incidence of cancers such as breast cancer, lung cancer, etc.
2. The presence of magnesium, antioxidants, and zinc prevents cardiovascular conditions.
Do you know that 1 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds has approximately 10 grams of protein? Buy your pack of roasted pumpkin seeds from Healthy Master and enjoy the benefits.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds During Pregnancy
A list of protein-rich snacks is incomplete without mentioning nuts like almonds, pista, walnuts, and cashews, to name a few. They don't need any special preparation and are easily available. They are crunchy, delicious, and great go-to snacks to satisfy cravings at any time of the day. Regularly eating nuts offers health benefits like:
1. Improve cognitive function
2. Lower the risk of diabetes
3. Prevent anemia
4. Improve the heart health
Healthy Master is your first-stop centre for your requirements of nuts.
The above-mentioned high-protein snacks can easily become a part of the diet. Furthermore, you can get protein from animal foods such as fish, eggs, and meat. Make sure to eat protein-rich meals every day to stay fit and healthy. You can order high protein low carb snacks online from Healthy Master for every day munching.
Also Read: 14 Calcium Rich Foods